Thanksgiving Dinner Served With a Side of Personal Injury?
Posted by Martin Heller Potempa & Sheppard, PLLC on November 13, 2020
Share This Article:
Thanksgiving may look a bit different this year as many families will have to adapt their plans to allow for social distancing. While we can all plan for these adjustments, what we seldom plan for are Thanksgiving Day personal injury accidents. At Martin Heller Potempa & Sheppard, PLLC, we help the injured navigate their personal injury claims.
Common Thanksgiving Day Personal Injury Accidents
When we think of accidents on Thanksgiving, our minds may wander to a deep-fried turkey gone wrong. However, the most common Thanksgiving Day personal injury accidents are much more ordinary than you may realize.
The five most common Thanksgiving injuries are:
1. Knife injuries: Be it carving the turkey or perhaps slicing a ham, knife accidents happen. Though a cut is often accidentally self-inflicted, you need to be mindful when using sharp utensils by tiny hands this holiday season.
2. Car accidents: The National Safety Council estimates there will be around 400 fatalities during the holiday season. While drunk driving will be the primary cause of accidents, drivers need to also be mindful of speeding, distracted driving, and road conditions.
3. Burns: Thanksgiving is considered the top holiday for home cooking fires, so it should come as no surprise that burn injuries are common this time of year. From distracted cooks in the kitchen to novice chefs trying to handle it all, it’s important to be careful while leading the holiday feast this year.
4. Slip and Falls: The weather is changing which means slip and fall accidents are likely to happen–but it doesn’t just have to be weather-related. Slip and fall accidents can occur when the ground is uneven, furniture blocks a path for walking, or spilled food leaves behind a hazard.
5. Domestic Violence: Sometimes it’s the mix of too many family members and alcohol, other times it’s a heated situation gone awry–no matter the reason, there seems to be a holiday spike in domestic violence cases across the United States.
While these are not the only injuries that can occur this holiday season, be mindful of some of the most common Thanksgiving day personal injury cases. And, if you are a victim of a personal injury case, contact the personal injury attorneys of Martin Heller Potempa & Sheppard, PLLC–we’ll help make your holidays merry and bright once more.
Thanksgiving Day Personal Injury: Martin Heller Potempa & Sheppard, PLLC
The holiday season should be full of joy, not pain and suffering. If you have been injured, or lost a loved one, due to someone’s negligence, we can help you explore your legal options and protect your rights. Please contact our office today to set up a consultation so we can discuss your claim. The personal injury attorneys of Martin Heller Potempa & Sheppard, PLLC are here for you.
If You Need Legal Assistance, Contact MHPS Law Firm Today